The latest (8 a.m. October 21): Wee Stinky’s spadix has toppled. The plant will remain in the Conservatory for a few weeks until growers dig it up for transplanting.
If you visited during the latest flowering, you only saw a snapshot. These videos will help you take in the whole process:
The Liberty Hyde Bailey Conservatory is currently open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. most weekdays.
- The conservatory may be closed occasionally for maintenance or other reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Use care during your visit and obey signage. Do not leave children unattended.
- Stay on the sidewalks and path through the Palm House bed. Please don’t walk on the growing medium in the Palm House.
- No pets, skateboards or scooters, please.
- Please be respectful of plants and the greenhouse growers who care for them.
Location: Adjacent to Plant Science Building, 236 Tower Road. View map.
Parking: The nearest public metered lot is the Peterson Lot at the corner of Tower Road and Judd Falls Road, across from Stocking Hall and the Cornell Dairy Bar.
The conservatory houses one of several plant collections that make up the Liberty Hyde Bailey Hortorium in the Plant Biology Section of the School of Integrative Plant Science, and is maintained by the Cornell University Agricultural Experiment Station. It is the home of Cornell’s titan arums.
The Victoria lily has been flowering regularly at 8 to 10 day intervals. If you’d like to know when it opens so that you can stop by to see it in person, sign up for email updates (form in right column, bottom on mobile) and we’ll let you know when the next flower bud opens. Learn more about this plant. View Victoria lily timelapses:
- Victoria lily opening (close-up)
- Full length version of the first Victoria lily flowering in the Conservatory
Please obey the signage and stay off the rocks surrounding the pool.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting Tara Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-255-2131. Please plan ahead to ensure sufficient time to make arrangements.